Friday, December 20, 2013

Creating

I have hummed and hawed about ways to start blogging again. It has a been a good long while that it has been silent around here. I considered stating a brand new blog. I have changed in many ways over the last two years. A fresh start was appealing. Yet the more I thought on it I realized a story has a beginning, middle and end. There is still much more of our story to tell. And the story includes where we have been, where we are and where we are going. I am hoping to give the ole blog a face lift but really my day to day life will always take priority. I will get to it when I get to it. I am ready to connect and share in this space again. Not sure if there is anyone still reading but I am looking forward to writing again. I have missed it.

So without further ado.....I present my new found love of knitting. I have made handmade gifts for our family this year. I think I am now addicted to making dishcloths. I take it with me everywhere I go. I recently knit through a church service. It helps me think.


This is my sons new hobby. Making felt monster pillows. He loves designing them and stitching them together. He is working on two more. This one is for his cousin for Christmas (they don't read here). The other two are for babies in our community. 

My first knit toque. Two cowls (I might keep the blue one). And every one gets 2 dish clothes. I just taught myself to knit a few weeks after my ACL surgery in October. My next project attempt is baby booties.

You cant really see it but this one has some sparkle in it. So warm, soft and cozy. 

I love making things with my hands. It has been good for me especially since my physical abilities are limited right now. I think or listen when I knit. I find it relaxing and the rhythm of it is comforting to me. I love that I can give away some warmth and colour when I am done.





5 comments:

Stacy said...

Hooray! that:
1. You're blogging again!
and
2. You're knitting and enjoying it!

~Stacy

Stacy said...

ps: GREAT JOB on your knits!

Sandi said...

Thanks friend! Have them all wrapped and ready to deliver this afternoon at our extended family Christmas time. Sent a card in the mail to you today too!

tonia said...

Your knitting looks great! But those felt monster pillows are DARLING. How fun is that?

Got your picture and letter today. You, almost-black belt, you. Thanks!

Sandi said...

Thanks T. I have to admit I loved doing the pillows as much as Isaac did.