Saturday, April 21, 2012

Remembering Again

I thought I had escaped this year. Those emotions that take you back to the day, the time, the feel and even the smell of that little boy gone. I remember like it happened last week.

I think it is a gift. Other times of the year I forget, I feel distant and disconnected from Jonah after ten years time. Then his birthday rolls around and it comes rushing back, fresh and vivid. I am again surprised by the grief.

Grief, that gift of a strange kind....... the companion that keeps you connected to whom you have lost through the pain of remembering.

I am really feeling the "one mores" right now. Grateful for remembering. Thankful for a God who cares for me where I am and cares for my boy who is right next to Him.

3 comments:

Clarissa said...

prayers...

Stacy said...

(((hugs)))

Christine said...

Yes, praise God he cares and is right next to both of you. I love the name you chose. Hugs.