Thursday, April 19, 2012

Happy Birthday Jonah!

Today marks ten years since Jonah was born and then went to be with the Lord. Ten years! Really?
Where has this decade gone? We remember today with much thankfulness. Though we miss him and grief is a visiting companion, I truly am at rest. Though I often wonder about Jonah. Did he have red hair and green eyes like his sister?  I am more often grateful for what his loss has brought about in our lives and how our faith has been made more solid each passing year. Short lives can carry a big legacy. Jonah's absences has brought much goodness into our lives. So we remember his life and death in knowing we will see him again and that he is safe and happy in a place we long to go.


 Every year around April 19th we visit this place. It has special meaning to us as a family. This cliff is where we released Jonah's ashes and said our goodbyes. Visiting there is like visiting him in many ways.


It is a beautiful place!


These flowers have been blooming every year we are there for the past ten years. I love being greeted by them when we go. An old friend waiting to see us.


 A quick snuggle on the bench with my littlest man.


The mountains mixed with the sea is something I will never grow weary of seeing.
 I truly live in one of the most beautiful places in the world.


My peeps doing one of their favorite things, hunting for sea creatures. Flipping rocks, chasing crabs, holding purple starfish and crying out for us to come look at each and every find.


Cousins sitting on Jonah's cliff just girl chatting.

5 comments:

Rebeca said...

Grace and peace to you. May his memory be eternal!

Christine said...

Oh, this choked me up. So beautiful. And yes, you do live in a beautiful place! Such a special tribute to the Lord's work and grace.

Tesha said...

I would have to say I agree you live in a very beautiful place. There is such hope and beauty and love in this post. I feel your love for him and your peace. I am so blessed to have found your blog. Saying a special prayer for you.

Sandi said...

Thank you for your kind words ladies. I appreciate them very much. Today the emotions have hit like a freight train. It surprises me how intense I still miss him each year.

Alanne Schellenberg said...

I can't believe it's been 10 years. I agree where has the time gone. Trying to treasure each moment we have.