Friday, July 15, 2011

Good Reads

I have followed Kristen and her family since her trip with Compassion well over a year ago. This post shows clearly the difference Compassion does make, in OUR lives as well as of those sponsored. This had me in tears. We are looking for ways to do more as a family.

Loved this quote from a post at Desiring God:

"When my little girl told me, “Your hands are full!” I was so thankful that she already knew what my answer would be. It was the same one that I always gave: “Yes they are—full of good things!”
Live the gospel in the things that no one sees. Sacrifice for your children in places that only they will know about. Put their value ahead of yours. Grow them up in the clean air of gospel living. Your testimony to the gospel in the little details of your life is more valuable to them than you can imagine. If you tell them the gospel, but live to yourself, they will never believe it. Give your life for theirs every day, joyfully. Lay down pettiness. Lay down fussiness. Lay down resentment about the dishes, about the laundry, about how no one knows how hard you work."

This article effected me deeply related to the small things I don't put under gospel grace. If time allows I plan to write more on that later. Read the entire article here: Motherhood is a Calling.

I also wanted to recommend a book -  The Praying Life by Paul Miller. It is a real, intimate relationship oriented book about prayer. No formulas, how to's (except a small chapter at the end with suggestions). I am reading and discussing this with a group of women. The first meeting was a rich time of honesty and biblical fellowship.

Would love to share more but my peeps need me.

Happy Weekend, friends

No comments: