Monday, March 14, 2011

Giving Thanks In Ink


Isn't this an adorable notebook? Frugal (aka the dollar store) and sweet. I love that it is spiral at the top. Makes it easier to leave it open all over the place for inking out the many gifts in my day.



I originally started my gratitude journal on paper. Over time without really noticing I was only recording my list online. The less I used paper the less I wrote down, the less I really watch for the gifts, the less present I was with my thanks. So, I have started writing everything from number one into this cute little notebook in order to have it all in one ink and paper place. I will always prefer words in ink no matter where technology takes us.

Now, I leave my notebook all over (the kitchen mostly) and am really catching the gifts as they come. There is something about seeing the gift and lingering over it as it is recorded that makes it stick with me. When I was only writing on the computer, I had to strain to remember when I finally got to sit down. Much better this way :o)

#267-280

~ long walks with good friends ~ the chirp and song of our new bird ~ the peace of not comparing ~ loving right where I am ~ boys making peace ~ belly laughs over feathery friend ~ "mama, can you tuck me in?" ~ frost and sunlight under evergreens ~ little signs of truth posted on my path ~ breathing, laughing, curious kids ~ blueberries ~ bike rides on rainy days ~ free dog shows ~ 5-HTP


2 comments:

Christine said...

love your list! Happy belated birthday!

Sandi said...

Thanks Christine :o)