Saturday, January 29, 2011

C.L.A.S.

My friend Tonia has started something. :o)

I am super excited about it!

It is a group of ladies who want to connect via the pen and paper trail. No instant message, quick three word text, no facebook and not even email...gasp. We are using ink and good old fashion trees to communicate.

It is a lost art.

I find my my heart finds better expression when hand and ink are connected. The clicking of the key board works but ya know....it just is not the same.

I love the expression that comes through the individual formation of the letters from one person to another. No two hands write the same, yet with a key board it is all STANDARD ROMAN. I get a kick out of how different people write their J's and I's.

And so you will be thoroughly convince I am loosing it, I'll let you in on a little secret. I like the sound of pen on paper. The methodical strokes are like the lapping of waves on the beach. Okay,  I'll stop now.  I love to write. Though my writing can be sparse around here my journal is not a lonely book.

To give you a little taste


''Whenever we take up a pen and write we are capturing moments in time.  When we send those captured moments across the miles in the form of a letter, we are sharing our histories with each other.''

''Because this world is too fast, too virtual, too shallow.  We need slow, deep, tangible beauty in our lives and going to the mailbox to find a friend's words captured on paper and sent across the miles is one of those beauties.''

So will you join us?


CLAS2_low


.Will you write some life history with me?


 I know there are a few lurkers out there. Maybe you prefer pen and paper too.

 Anyone who wants to start a pen and paper trail together let me know. Go under my profile and send me an email and we will get started.

2 comments:

Stacy said...

Okay. I propose we start corresponding by letter, friend!

:)

I've got your address. I'll use it.

Sandi said...

Sounds like a plan. Looking forward to it.