Sunday, January 02, 2011

Ahh...A New Year

Typically about this time I am re-thinking and evaluating the last year and gearing up for the new one....both feet forward. This year that is not the plan nor the desire. We are doing the basics, just purposeful simple daily life and that is good enough.

I have no expectation except that God is with me and at work.  I want to take and live each day to it's fullest. Seeing God.....in the mess, chaos, sin, joys, disappointments and growth. Not wasting my time on tomorrow.

I am not even ready to start our learning routine tomorrow...gasp! Instead of prep I have been catching the stomach flu in a bucket. That's the plan today. Tomorrow will take care of itself.


Last year my word for the year was Relationships. Are you seeing the trend with the stomach flu?

As I have prayed and thought about 2011 two words were stirring in my heart. Not sure if it's okay to have two words instead of one....wait sure it is! My life, my words and my blog, hopefully for His glory.

One thing I have come to terms with over the last few months is being at rest with myself in this cyber space. I definitely have standards about what I will and won't share here but I spent far to much time being concerned about how things would be perceived.

So as 2011 kicks off, I feel a sense of freedom as I muse about God's work in this little family of mine. I hope that my words, my sharing, my story will be of some good to someone else for His glory.  

For that to happen I actually need to show up here and write something. Hoping to improve on that in the New Year.

Happy New Year friends.

Words still to come.

1 comment:

Christine said...

Happy New Year, friend!