Friday, November 19, 2010

A Little Book Discovery

We have recently discovered the Piggie and Gerald books by Mo Willems. Isaac is slowly starting to read more easily. These books have helped him cross the threshold. They are FUNNY. I find myself sneaking off when we return from the library to read them ahead of time because I don't want to wait for Isaac to read them to me aloud. Not only are they funny but they deal with friendships and relationships, which is nothing but good for my Aspie boy who struggles with both of those things. It's like a little social story that is hilarious to him.


I can't express how much I LOVE watching him enjoy reading and laughing as he does.

Doesn't get any better then that.

Reading has been an uphill climb for us. He voluntarily read three of them yesterday on his own initiative. If we get interrupted he just keeps reading himself.......never happened before these books. He still gets a marshmallow too, but hey, at least it's per book now and not per sentence :o)

Thank you Mo Willems.

This is one of my favorites.

Happy Reading!

No comments: