Tuesday, September 21, 2010

Classic Isaac

A little back story. We have recently moved to using a rectangular mat for discipline and calming Isaac down. He has to stay on the mat for the number of years he is old.


Driving to a friends house for a play date.....


"Mom how long before we get there"

"About 30 minutes buddy"

Insert pause

"Mom"

"Yes bud"

"Thirty minutes is three tens"

"That's right"

Insert pause

"Mom"

"Yeah bud"

"Thirty minutes is three ten minutes"

"Great thinkin' big guy"

Insert pause

"Mom, will you put me on the mat for thirty minutes when I am 30 years old?"

Insert pause

"Mom, why are you laughing so hard?"

"Son, when you are thirty years old you won't still be living with mama"

"Oh, good then I can get my snake!"


If you are interested in more of Isaac's antics go here, here and here.

2 comments:

Mary said...

That is so funny Sandi.

Christine said...

I love it when kids think out loud. It is one of my favorite parts of being a stay-at-home, homeschooling mom.

Snakes are easy to take care of, by the way. My oldest wants a pet so badly, and snakes are a lot cheaper to care for than dogs. And reptiles as a rule stink far less than mammals. I'm thinking of offering a snake as an alternative, when I no longer have a baby in the house.

Precious post, and I loved the homeschooling update as well.