Sunday, July 11, 2010

What We've Been Doing

Though the last few weeks have been intense we have still had lots of fun.

Like building a bow out of only things found naturally in the back yard. Vines and twigs make for good imaginative play around our house. We called her Miss Journey Hood. She has also built several versions of a tee pee from backyard materials and a sheet. Who needs toys!

There are certain members of our family that make on art of being cute..need I say more?


We definitely use goofy as a form of entertainment around here. Laughed so hard at each other. Good medicine.

We have been reading tons since stopping normal school. We are reading Farmer boy right now but recently finished The Sign of The Beaver by E. Speare. Great read aloud! I think this is where all the bows and tee pee building came from. Prior to that we read an abridged version of 20,000 Leagues Under the Sea.

We made our annual strawberry picking trek. Shhh....don't tell anyone but this year we bought freshly picked instead of picking ourselves. Picking strawberries with a toddler just wasn't on my list of fun things this year. Now the freezer is stocked for the rest of the year with 15 lbs of these yummy berries. Next run is for blueberries...I cannot wait! We just used the last bag of last years blueberries a few weeks ago. Nothing like fresh blueberry pie.

Here is our very focused and committed strawberry cutting team. I think they ate more then they cut.
More photos to come.......



1 comment:

Stacy said...

Um, yes: Elijah is adorable. And I love that picture of Isaac reading to him!

We loved Sign of the Beaver, too. There's a movie that stays true to the book, too- if you're interested. And you know of my affection for Farmer Boy. :)

I never made it out to the strawberry fields this year, I'm sad to say. Or last year, for that matter. I really wanted to make some freezer jam, too. Oh well. It wasn't meant to be. I considered going and purchasing some, but I'm too cheap, I discovered. :) I wish I would have, now that it's too late to do so.

Love you, friend!