Friday, July 09, 2010

A New Chapter In Life


Hard to believe this is my 460th post since I started blogging.

When I started blogging I had NO idea the many paths that God would have us travel.

The one we are now walking is one I never imagined would be me.

I lived in denial for a long time not wanting it to be me.

Isaac has Aspergers Syndrome, a form of autism.

My first reaction was relief in may ways. I have been living with this for a long time and ever slowly coming to terms with what I knew to be true about my child. Someone acknowledging that felt good.

Yet.....

I am sad.....for him and all the struggles he will face. For how hard it is for him to relate, communicate and navigate life at times. No mother wants to watch their child struggle and fight in daily life.

I know in many ways there are gifts that come with this path.
I am not at the gift part yet.

I am at the...I have no clue God, but grateful that you do...part.

Now, we can move forward. God is good.

5 comments:

mamabear said...

I'll research this to understand what you're dealing with. And I'll be praying every day. You can count on the prayer support of my entire family.

With love,
Pam

Cara said...

Sandi... so glad that you "know" now. All of my love and prayers as you walk your son through whatever lies ahead.

Stacy said...

(((Sandi)))
Love you, friend. God will equip you for whatever lies ahead with your Isaac. You can do it on His strength.
Praying for you, and relieved with you that, like you said- someone officially acknowledged what you've been seeing all along.

Mrs. Nepper said...

Wow Sandi, heavy news, but "knowing" also helps you to know what you are dealing with, and I suppose in some senses, how to deal with it.

I have no doubt this will be a long road, and likely a daily struggle, but I do know that if any Mom could cope with this with grace, and patience (most times), and love...it is you.

Thinking of you friend.

Sandi said...

Thank you dear friends for your prayers, love and encouragement. I do so much appreciate it.

One God given day at a time is my motto.