Monday, June 07, 2010

Not even sure where to begin.

The input from the homeschool convention far exceeded my expectations. One of the main speakers was Carol Brainer. She made me laugh, cry and relax. I needed all three. She just comes from such a real life homeschool perspective. I am still processing all I took in and it can be a slow process with the little time I have on hand most days.

I was also introduced to something called RDI. So much to process here too. It is the first thing I have been exposed to regarding help for Isaac's struggles that sounds somewhat comfortable to me. She gave me great hope that the brain is not set by the time they are 6 years old. I have grown weary of reading and hearing that early intervention is a must. It's not an option for us as he is almost 7 years old.
God met me with much grace this weekend. He prepared things in advance for my good. So thankful for that! So grateful for my DL school principle and teacher that really care about each of my kids.

Journey and her teacher



Journey graduated from Music for Young Children this weekend. Four years of hard work and lots of fun. We are so proud of her!


I hope to share more detail as I have time. Life is full and now that we can get outside I am less interested in my keyboard. I think Spring has finally sprung...our first rain-less day in a long time.

2 comments:

Stacy said...

I read every single one of your posts, I do! And I'm always thankful when a new post shows up in bloglines. But only occasionally do I get the chance to comment. So, today, here I am, catching up on commenting on your posts. :)

I'm so glad you found the homeschool convention so worthwhile! YAY! Can't wait to see how you flesh out your inspiration in life (and then tell us all about it, here!)

Sandi said...

Awww you do? Thanks for reading Stacy....I read all yours too.

I can so see our big girls being good buddies if we lived closer.