Saturday, February 20, 2010

Assuming

We've been fighting the cold flu now so I've been doing more reading then writing.

We are on the mend and still being stared down by many unpacked boxes.

I read this post by Amy at Raising Arrows. I have been thinking lately myself about how quickly I judge peoples actions. How easy it is to assume things when we are on the outside looking in and how simple it is to clear things up by asking good questions . Care is so connected to asking good questions and having real conversations. It's not about fixing people or their problems ....that's not really our job. Our job is to simply show up with out judgement and point people to Him. We can do that because He showed up for us in a big way! Like Amy says it's easier to stick with assuming instead of asking because you don't have to take any risks.

It is well worth the read....beware you might be convicted. I know I was.

No comments: