Wednesday, January 06, 2010

A Peek In My Window



What's happening today?

Nothing out of the ordinary really. Washing and folding clothes. Cooking, eating and doing dishes.
Reading aloud, school and playing. The odd Wii fit game. Oh and packing. It really is an after thought which it shouldn't be. Our moving date is January 23rd...that's not that far away. Not sure if it's denial or just peace that it will all get done because it has so many other times. To my credit I did pack three whole boxes today.

I did get a neat surprise today. I'm typing this on my very own new laptop. I have never gotten a large ticket item like a laptop new. In fact our last and only laptop came to us as an exchange for money owed from a former job. As you may recall our computers crashed awhile ago. Fixing the laptop would cost more then it's worth and my husband decided this was the way to spend his bonus from work. He's such a generous man. My only beef with the laptop is that the shift key on the left is really tiny and you guessed it....I am left handed and have always shifted with my left pinkie. \i keep missing the key....oh the struggles of life. I am trying to force myself to shift with my right hand but it's rebelling. \i am a die hard lefty. See those slashes....that's the key next to the left shift...get used to it :o) So I type in my favorite chair and comfy blanket curled up with my chai tea. \i probably should be packing boxes but I'm just going to enjoy my new gift and one of my favorite things...writing.



The baby is back to his normal cute and irresistible self. He said the word "light" yesterday as plain as day. We all just stared with mouth wide open. \he is growing entirely too fast.

\this guy got glasses a week or so ago. \looking good big guy!


On My Mind

Oh where to begin! So many thoughts swirling around...... just posts waiting to happen. Little time prevents that right now. I am growing in writing bits at a time but still prefer to sit down with time and my thoughts till it's all down.

Much on my mind is this beautiful young lady I have growing up before my eyes. Journey turns 10 in three months and she is changing in many ways. I find it weird to switch from taking care of every single need in detail for my other two and then switching to miss independent on the other hand. Yet, she so needs my listening ear and conversation more then ever before. We get it but in between shrill baby screams and big boy meltdowns. We had a date at Starbucks and Chapters the other night. It was good to just be able to focus on her and listen to her thoughts. She has been reading Revelations of all books and is so enjoying the imagery. She takes it at face value...so refreshing. She is a very creative child and loves ideas and planning. I am very much looking forward to every step of this special relationship we have now and as adults.

The other thing much in my thoughts is the return of my PCOS. I have an attack plan to conquer it. Before I focused mostly on exercise which really helps the insulin resistance issues. If I can get down to a certain weight the PCOS goes away. This time I am going after my diet and exercising when I can. After we move it will be easier to exercise more. It is going well. I am eating so different then before and already see some results. I definitely feel better.


I'm Reading

Little Women by L.M. Alcott

A Praying Life by Paul Miller

Blame It On the Brain by E. Welch

Gospel Primer by Milton Vincent

My bible reading is the four Gospels and Psalms.


I'm Making

Things go into boxes however slow.

Yummy fresh food

Myself smile even when I don't want too :o)


I'm Listening to

My favorite classical CD..... Tchaikovsky's Nutcracker

I received Steven Curtis Chapman's new CD Beauty Will Rise for a gift. It is about the loss of his 5 yr old daughter to an accident. It speaks to my heart. He writes of the dark and light places of loosing a child in a way that I can relate to.


I'm Grateful for

My family

The cross

My new computer


In Faith for

Well, no need for details but there is some complications with our new house. They said they would do something in the house prior to move in and so far haven't followed through. If they don't then it puts us in a sticky place. I'm in faith for them to follow through and that this move will all go as planned.

My health.....the PCOS, constant and persistent fatigue and insomnia. He is at work even in these things but I'd love some relief.


The Gospel In Today

It's everywhere. In the conversation today with my daughter about self righteous talk. The confession of my own self righteous speech. The correction of my sons disobedience. That we each are sinners and yet know we are loved and have a place waiting for us that is unfading, undefiled and imperishable (1 Peter 1). Can you imagine a place without fault, failing or struggle? I do look forward to it.

2 comments:

Melanie said...

Thanks for the peek! We'll be down the weekend you move...hopefully we can connect at church!
About the new house...have you thought about suggesting to the owners that you do what needs to be done yourselves and deduct the cost from the rent?
That way they won't be able to avoid getting it done.

mamabear said...

The PCOS doesn't sound good. I clicked over there and read some. I hadn't heard of that before....sorry you are suffering. I will pray much. As someone who suffers chronic migraines, I understand the frustration of chronic conditions. God provides grace, as he did for Paul, but with the rigorous duties of mothering, these things can weigh us down.

Will be in prayer about the house also.

Your daughter sounds like a lovely young lady...and of course she's beautiful on the outside as well.

Very nice post!

My baby loves baskets and boxes too!