Friday, January 08, 2010

A Good Life

If you desire a good life, focus on having one good day, one quality day- today.
Everyday is a little life, and our whole life is but a single day repeated.
E. Fitzpatrick
This quote has been a mainstay for me the last week or so. I find it so easy to focus on the future that the world right before me slips through my fingers.
Today is THE day to live to the fullest, no matter what is going on around me. To seize those moments that make us a family. To relish that new sentence read, the funny face the baby made and laugh at a new (not really funny) made up joke. I could focus on the overwhelming details of moving and the uncertainty ahead but to what benefit?
I'll take made up not funny jokes over boxes any day!

1 comment:

Melanie said...

This is so relevant for me right now! I have recently been convicted of my own sinful tendency to live in the future and my need to live in the now.