Thursday, December 31, 2009

Just In

Just received this book from Amazon.ca. A little Christmas present for myself.

I am looking forward to reading it in light of my son's recent struggles. As well as, my own struggle with depression/mood swings due to insomnia and PCOS. Not sure what I will find in here but looking forward to the read. The title itself could cause some conflict :o)

It might take me awhile to read it but I'll tell you what I think. Anyone else read it?

Obviously this will be one of the first books on my 2010 reading list.

Another I plan to read is Amusing Ourselves to Death by Neil Postman.

Full list coming soon. Is February still considered soon?

2 comments:

Melanie said...

I have read the Ed Welch book - it's good, though brief in its coverage of each particular brain issue. I found the introductory chapters the most helpful. I just started reading "Will Medicine Stop the Pain?" by Elise Fitzpatrick and I think you would find more personally helpful. I'm already benefiting 3 chapters in.

Sandi said...

Hi Melanie,

Interesting. I hadn't heard of E. F.,s book. Is it new?
Looks good. I like her writing style...easy to read yet dense truth. I am working my way through Woman After God's own Heart. It isn't on of those read in one sitting books.