Tuesday, November 10, 2009

Solitude




My weekend away was a great time to rest and think. This is my first time ever going away alone. My husband has gone to visit his family with the kids so I can school plan and get some house cleaning projects done. This weekend was for me to just be and wait on the Lord. A real gift!




One of my favorite parts was the uninterrupted reading times in the chair above. I devoured a book in three hours with out having to stop once except for a bathroom break :o) I plan to share about that book later this week. It is something I have been working to change much of over the last year or two and really enjoyed this read.

I also enjoyed extended times in the word and prayer. Something I so miss in the early mornings and late nights of homeschooling, small children and long houred jobs.

To simply wait on the Lord. To listen. To pour myself out.

I have come to understand that I spend little time asking for help. I have a helper who is ready. A helper that is willing and waiting...whose sole job is to show up for me and provide what I need for whatever is in front of me. I am on a learning curve to access that help. There is something in the asking, in the needing, in the letting go that comes in no other way. It isn't since the death of our son Jonah that I have felt so desperate, walking with Isaac in his struggles. Even though I can still despair at times.....God IS bigger!





This Psalm was a big part of my meditation over this weekend.


My Soul Waits for the Lord
Psalm 130


1Out of the depths I cry to you, O Lord!

2 O Lord, hear my voice! Let your ears be attentive to the voice of my pleas for mercy!

3 If you, O Lord, should mark iniquities, O Lord, who could stand?

4 But with you there is forgiveness, that you may be feared.

5 I wait for the Lord, my soul waits, and in his word I hope;

6 my soul waits for the Lord more than watchmen for the morning,

more than watchmen for the morning.

7 O Israel, hope in the Lord!

For with the Lord there is steadfast love, and with him is plentiful redemption.

8 And he will redeem Israel from all his iniquities.



Plentiful Redemption leaves me with much to think on.


I am truly grateful for the opportunity to come away. It's owed all to my very kind husband who man-ed the fort while I was away.


I have recently been listening to a song based on Pslam 130. Get a taste of the song here.
Click #9.


The munchkins had to check out the bed and make sure it was fit for mama to sleep on.

4 comments:

Mrs. Nepper said...

Sandi,
That sounds like a wonderful weekend. And the being able to read a book for 3 hours straight (and its not 1:00-4:00am and your children are sleeping and you are definitely going to pay for it the next day), sounds just amazing!
So glad you were able to have such a wonderful, refreshing time with our Lord!

Melanie said...

Feeling just a little green over here right now ;D!
I'm so glad you got to spend this time in retreat! Miss you!

momma's heart said...

Praying for you!

Sandi said...
This comment has been removed by the author.