Sunday, November 01, 2009

Choosing the Better


I had a choice this morning during the baby's nap to vacuum, clean, fold and organize which has such a sense of satisfaction to me. I can easily confuse that feeling of peace associated with a job well done, with the eternal peace that passes all understanding. They are not the same.

Choosing the first over the later, is being too easily satisfied. Being lulled into rest by this temporal and visual satisfaction is a cheap substitute for the real amazing peace provided in grace. A rest you can't find anywhere else.

So, by grace I made my way up to my bedroom crawled into my comfy chair under my favorite fleecy blanket and RESTED. Yes, my body ceased moving but this rest was for my soul. Drinking in the word, the truth. Pouring out my heart. It felt like a water fall, all those things gushing from my heart, yet I landed in the warmth, safety and comfort of His hands. He carried the burden and care of my ill father in law, my husband, my sick kids, my tired body.

When I came down stairs the house was still a mess. Cheerios on the floor, dust bunnies in the corner, laundry on the couch and toys on every flat surface.......and all it did was make my heart glad. There are toys everywhere because I have three healthy children. Those same children have been provided clothes to wear and food to eat. We have a warm pleasant home to sleep in every night.

So bring on the dust bunnies and cobwebs because not only does a family live here but the Lord of heaven and earth who provides all we need for life and godliness. He truly is our peace and provision.
Thank you Lord, that for this day in your grace and mercy....I chose the better thing.
My prayer is that I do the same each day knowing full well when I don't, your provision of mercy is enough.

2 comments:

momma's heart said...

beautiful!

Mrs. Nepper said...

I agree, beautiful Sandi. Well said, and good choice.