Thursday, October 15, 2009

Taking the Plunge!

Today I started my first diaper trial. You pay $40 and get a variety of the newest types of cloth diapers. All in Ones (AIO), One Sizes, Pocket Diapers, fitted with covers....I opted out of the pre-folds. Been there done that!

Ain't that the cutest little cloth bum you ever seen!
I used cloth with Journey and Isaac. Cloth diapering was a little more archaic ten years ago. I sold or gave away all my diapers when we thought we were done. So when Eli came along I bought some old fitted diapers and have been using them. Now that he is so mobile and a heavier wetter I have decided to take the plunge and buy some of the "Mercedes Benz" of the diaper world.
I have the diapers to use for two weeks to decide which ones I like best. I plan to buy 10-12 diapers and then use my old diapers as back up. For the longest time I kept telling myself I couldn't sink a few hundred dollars in diapers. Now I wish I had done it sooner. Even though Eli only has at most 2 more years in diapers, the amount of money we will save is still so worth it. I am excited about the newer diapers because they are easier to travel and go out with, have fewer leaks and are easier for daddy to use.


We are going from these



To these

2 comments:

Stacy said...

I always flirt with the idea of changing over, for the money we'd save ALONE. We have two in diapers, two in pull-ups at night. UGH!

And yet- the knowledge of extra laundry makes me want to go crawl under a rock and hide there.

You'll have to let us know how it goes...

Sandi said...

I hear you about the laundry. I only have one in diapers.

Maybe Ella could be the diaper girl. The Fuzzi Bunzs that I hope to buy are so easy to use, wash and care for. They are nothing like the old ones I have used for so long....they are much less work putting on and washing.

As I type this I have three loads of laundry staring me down on the opposite couch.