Friday, October 16, 2009

Remembering

This past Wednesday was Pregnancy and Infant Loss Remembrance Day. I only discovered this through reading Raising Arrows a new blog I've come across.

So today I remember.

I remember a little boy so wanted and so missed. Jonah Ethan was born April 19, 2002 and died a few short minutes later. They said he would most likely die in utero and he didn't. They said he would never make it through labor and he did. Mama is so proud of you! His little body couldn't handle the outside world so he went to Jesus in my arms. He never opened his eyes but when I said his name he turned toward me and lifted his little arm. He knew my voice. I will forever be grateful for that huge blessing that God gave me in that moment.

I will never know your quirks, your laughter, even the color of your eyes but one thing I do know is you are free and happy. A son who will never know sin or the hard ships of this life. You have the very thing I long for....the arms of Jesus.

Jonah, we love you, we miss you and look forward to seeing you again. You will forever be remembered as a great gift that changed our world forever.




Also remembering:

Sarah Grace ~ gone to heaven March 2005 @ 12 weeks

Abraham ~ gone to heaven September 2007 @12 weeks



If you would like to join others mothers remembering their babies join them at She Looketh Well.

2 comments:

Michelle (She Looketh Well) said...

Sandi, thank you for sharing your story! What a precious little baby. How unbelievably sweet that he turned his head towards you when you called his name. Of course he knew his mama's voice!

Remembering with you Jonah, Sarah Grace ( I have a Sarah Grace too) and Abraham. Praising God for all of your children and their precious lives. May God bless you and keep you!

Stacy said...

(((Hugs)))