Monday, August 31, 2009

Time Away

We've just returned from our annual August trek to the Island. We have three guys in our family that have a birthday within a week or so of each other, one of them being our son Isaac. It was a great time of catching up and remembering.

As you'll see above my header picture has changed. Same location different picture, and different time of year. The cliff in the picture is where we released the ashes of our son Jonah, who would now be seven years old. I visit that cliff each time I return to the Island. It is absolutely beautiful and peaceful. It is one way of remembering, acknowledging and embracing Jonah's life and the grace that it brought us.

I am finishing up school organizing this week, as well as, having my two nieces visit for a few days.

I leave you with a sunset I enjoyed from my time on the Island. My soul finds such peace and refreshing in the solitude and beauty of nature.

The city just doesn't cut it for me!





2 comments:

Mrs. Nepper said...

Oh, how I too love those Island sunsets. Very few in the Prairies can ever compare!

Mrs. Nepper said...

OK, so now I'm replying to a comment you left on my cloth diapering post. What on earth are Posies? Am I just not hip with all the lingo?

So far we have been able to do diapers, with one liner at night. Although we do have disposables on hand for long trips (or me not getting on top of the laundry!).