Monday, May 04, 2009

Blog-itty Break

I am going to refrain from blogging this week. I need to be spending the kids afternoon quiet and nap times getting some stuff in order. I am been thinking much on Kendra's post about the top 5 things.


I wanted to leave you this week with a prayer request for some IRL friends. Holly's daughter Abbi is going in for heart surgery this month. Please lift up Holly's mama heart and for a quick procedure and recovery for Abbi.


Oh...and one more thing. Since the weather has gotten a bit warmer I have a new passion.
Move out of the way Starbucks!


Homemade Mocha Cooler

1 cup cream (i use 1/2 c. coffee cream and 1/2 c. milk)
1/2 cup of decaf coffee
1 tsp vanilla
1 package of Stevia (you can use whatever sweetener you like...about 2 tsp or to taste)
2 Tbls. of unsweetened cocoa powder
5 ice Cubes

Put cream, coffee, cocoa, vanilla and Stevia in blender. Blend on low till mixed well. Add ice cubes and blend on high until frothy.

It makes two servings, well that depends on how much you want for yourself :o). The great part is there is no sugar if you use Stevia. Don't be afraid of the real cream....be more afraid of high fructose corn syrup and MSG then real yummy cream.

Have a great week!

2 comments:

Stephanie @ Keeper of the Home said...

That sounds so similar to the yummy concoctions I've been making up each afternoon when the kids go down for a nap. If they see me drinking it and ask for a sip (which they do with everything I drink), I tell them sorry but this is my "Mommy Coffee Drink" and it's off limits. :)

I'll have to try your variation, now that I have ice cubes in my upstairs freezer again!

Marian said...

I read the top 5 things also...something to think about. The drink sounds yummy. Enjoy your time away from blogging.