Sunday, March 29, 2009

Good Reads

I am at home this morning with a sick little boy while my family is at church. Friday, we ended up in the hospital in the middle of the night. Eli has croup and was wheezing terribly. No matter what I did I couldn't get him to breath well. Poor guy. They helped him out and send us home several hours later. Not sure if you have ever seen a little baby get a chest x-ray but it's not fun.

Anyway, he's sleeping peacefully (thank you Lord!) and I thought I would share some of the things I have been reading this week.

Marians Story of Adoption

She is telling the story of how their little girl came to their forever family. I love these stories of how God builds families. Scroll down to Part 1. I tried to link individually but it wouldn't work. She's not finished telling it yet and you will get hooked.

Pros and Cons to Homeschooling: Why We Do It

So enjoyed Ann's balance and wholistic approach to homeschooling. She very clearly states that homeschooling isn't it....it's Jesus and the gospel. I also love how she talks about how it isn't pretty all the time but it's done together as a family....in my opinion as God intended life to be...lived as a unfragmented family.

The Gospel OR Complementarianism?: A Unnecessary Dichotomy

Jess at Making Home makes it so clear how there is no conflict between the two. So worth the read!

My GPS Leads Me Astray

We do well to think for ourselves and go to scripture instead of being handed answers. I enjoyed his analogy in this post. I am not the most tech savvy person and I like it that way :o). It keeps me on my toes.

Feeding The Family: Eating Out

Laura is doing a series on Feeding The Family. She addresses eating out in this post. A big budget killer especially for a larger family. It drives me crazy to throw away $25 in a matter of minutes as they scarf down the food, not to mention how unhealthy it is for them. She shares some great recipes and ideas to do at home that give the going out feeling. I plan to try a few.

3 comments:

Melanie said...

I have had to have my babies x-rayed. Faye had at least 3 by the time she was 6 months old and Luke had 2 as an infant. These are the things we don't anticipate experiencing when we think about what having kids is like.
I hope Eli gets better soon! Ben is croupy right now too.

Marian said...

Thanks Sandi for the kind words about my blog...I finally finished my story telling yesterday (Sunday) & I have been so encouraged by everyone's sweet words. God is so good!!! I will pray for your little one...it's no fun when the kiddos are sick. Grace & Peace dear sister.

Trinity Mommy said...

Thank you for sharing these sites... cant wait to do some more browsing in them!