Tuesday, March 17, 2009

Circle Time Part 3

The last part of our morning Circle Time consists of daily assignments and activities. If you live with a planner (my 8 year old daughter) a calendar is a must. Prior to using the calendar above I thought I would go crazy. Now that she can see the week as a whole there are far less conversations about "What are we doing today." She asked for a personal planner for a Christmas gift this year if that reveals anything. It's not that we don't like to talk around here! We just prefer to save our energy for other types of conversation. I by nature like to be alone and like quiet so this helps me not tire of communicating over details.

I have found this helpful for my husband to know what we are doing in our school day and week with out having to ask. He and I meet Sundays to talk about our week as a whole and make decisions but the calendar reflects all those conclusions for the entire family.
I also list my daughters daily school assignments on a 8 1/2 x 11 sheet protector. This way she sees at a glance her responsibilities for the day and can check them off when done. Each day we erase and prep for the next day. Eventually we will move to a weekly sheet she can keep in her notebook but this works for us right now. Due mostly to our changing days with a new baby. I need that flexibility right now.

So that concludes our morning Circle Time.
Here is Part 1 and Part 2 if your interested in reading.

1 comment:

Stacy said...

Wow, Sandi. I love this idea. Ella would *adore* seeing what we're doing, and being able to look ahead. We do this for birthdays and daddy's days off and special events to look forward to, but I've not thought to make a calendar for her to consult of school stuff.
I'm going to have to do this!