Friday, February 20, 2009

Yummy Baked Oatmeal

This is our new favorite food. If my kids had a choice they would eat this every morning for breakfast....well maybe with a few pancakes thrown in there once in awhile. It really is so good. It calls for apples but we also mix in blueberries from the freezer...yummy! I have tried other baked oatmeal. I have tried the soaking methods but it always tasted not so great. This on the other hand, has never had a complaint no matter what I throw in it.

Baked Oatmeal
2 eggs beaten
1/2 cup brown sugar ( 1 use 1/4c.)
1/2 cup oil (I put slightly less)
2 tsp baking powder
1 tsp cinnamon (I always put more)
2 apples diced (when I add blueberries I only do one)
3 cups of rolled oats
1 cup milk
Mix all together put in a greased 9x13 pan. Sprinkle with brown sugar and cinnamon.
Bake for 25 min @ 350F.


I put mine in an 8x8 glass dish and bake 30 minutes or more because it's thicker.

2 comments:

Melanie said...

mmm...sounds good and I could probably adjust this for Luke very easily.
I must say that I admire your nice clean, shiny stove top!

Trinity Mommy said...

Thanks for sharing this recipe! My children all love oatmeal.. cant wait to try it!