Tuesday, February 17, 2009

Joy

I tend to be one of those people who looks more intently on my sin then I do the savior. I am becoming more and more aware of how this affects my daily life. If I am seeing myself through these eyes then how do you think I view my children or my husband? It just seems so much easier to see the wrong then to grasp for grace. I am also learning and ever so slowly believing that this grace, this mercy is overflowing and waiting for the taking. It's chomping at the bit to be recognized, embraced and relished. I am on a journey to do that very thing. I imagine it will take a life time.

One specific area I desire to grow in is JOY. When my gaze is focused on the sin and not the sin taker there is trouble. I can get so tied in a knot because I sin again in the same way. I am tired of it crouching at my door waiting to pounce on me....that is the battle we are called to in this life. Though I am called to that battle, I am not alone and all I need for this life and godly living is provided. I have no need that has not already been met in His sacrifice on the cross.

When the day goes no where near as planned, when I sin again or when someone sins against me again....I have reason to rejoice and be filled with joy.....because that sacrifice is complete and whole. When I am not continually bringing this truth to mind I get fixated on failing, which really is self worship at the core. I am working at focusing on how big He is. The bigger he becomes to me the less fascination I will have with myself.

God deliver me from self focus. Let me look at you and not myself, to rest in your provision for every detail of this life on earth and the one to come. Let joy be evident in my life because of your complete payment for sin and the faith that you are at work all the time.

Psalm 145:1

I will extol you, my God and King,and bless your name forever and ever.
Every day I will bless you and praise your name forever and ever.
Great is the Lord, and greatly to be praised,and his greatness is unsearchable.

Read the rest here.

2 comments:

Jorge and Karen Silva said...

Thanks, Sandi!

loraena said...

I can't say this has always been a problem for me, but lately I have really been struggling with this too. I know that I really need to focus on CHRIST, because he has paid for my sin despite the fact that it is still in my life! Thanks for posting the prayer and verses.