Tuesday, January 27, 2009

Today Around Here

  • I am revisiting this post by my friend Melanie. I listened to the message itself yesterday while folding mounds of laundry. I highly recommend taking the time to listen....I can't express enough how helpful it will be too you. I especially was encouraged to have faith related to my one child who pushes me to my limit at times.
The message is called: What a Mother Can't Do Without

"Faith will make all the difference; difference in effect, fruit and pleasing of God."

"Where there is an absence of joy in mothering, there is an absence of faith."

"Turn away from the difficulties and look to the promises of God, look to the character of God, look to the Gospel of Jesus Christ. For as we look to the promises, the character and the Gospel we realize that the difficulties never rise to the level of the promises of God. Then when we face difficulties our perspective and attitude has been transformed and our children are affected by this transformation."

  • Wanting to listen to The Ultimate Meaning of Womanhood by John Piper here. Not sure when I will get to it...probably when the laundry becomes a mammoth mountian again.

  • Memorizing this verse with the kids: Proverbs 29:11

A fool gives full vent to his anger, but a wise man keeps himself under control.

The only problem is I was the fool yesterday. :o(

  • Grateful for these guys:
Who are a source of such grace and blessing in my life.

I am also grateful for God's amazing grace and patience that never comes to an end.

1 comment:

Shannon said...

I am also amazed daily at the grace and patience that God has for me. I've enjoyed looking through your blog :)

You were chosen as one of the winners of my giveaway!

http://shannonrjordan.blogspot.com/2009/01/and-winners-are.html

You can email me at skellee at gmail dot com and tell me your address, as well as how big your little boy's feet are!

Thanks for entering :)