Thursday, January 15, 2009

Faith in Mothering

This morning I was greeted with great encouragement through a post by my friend Melanie at her blog Met With Perfect Pleasure. She is sharing about a message she listened to about mothering and faith. The quotes shared and her own interaction with what she heard is faith building.

A little sample:

"All our failures may ultimately be traced back to a defect of faith. The main difficulty therefore is not in our work but in ourselves; in the conflict with our own unbelief. The remedy to the difficulty is faith in the God of promises and faith in the promises of God. Difficulties heaped upon difficulties can never rise to the level of the promises of God. Unbelief looks at the difficulties. Faith regards the promise. It is faith that enlivens our work with perpetual cheerfulness."

Charles Bridges


* Where there is an absence of joy in mothering, there is an absence of faith.


The above quote really hit me between the eyes. Go on over and be encouraged. I am going to make a plan to listen to the message she is referring too....hopefully uninterrupted :o)

You may have to scroll down a bit for some reason the post is toward the bottom of the page.

2 comments:

Melanie said...

I'm so glad you were encouraged! I'm not sure why the link is doing that...I know that there are glitches in my blog template but have no idea how to fix them.
Lord willing, I will see you this Sunday! I can't wait to meet little Eli.

Stacy said...

Thank you, Sandi-- for the link. It was an encouragement to this mama-with-difficulties!

Love to you and yours!