Friday, January 16, 2009

12 Week Challenge

I had plans to hit the treadmill again Jan 1. The c-section was fully healed. I'd lost 30 pounds which contributed to becoming pregnant again with Eli. I want to continue down that road due to my battle with Polycystic Ovarian Syndrome. I hadn't created a plan outside of the exercise till I read this post at Amy's Humble Musings . It is a twelve week challenge to loose weight. So I jumped on board...it was an answer to my meander toward consistency. Amy is journaling her diet journey on her blog if your interested.


I started exercising Jan 1. My goal is to exercise 6 days a week for 20 minutes a day. I have cut out sugar except in my morning coffee (it's only a tad anyway) and bad carbs. I don't overeat. I do indulge in the odd Tim Horton's apple fritter. It didn't raise my blood sugar even when I had Gestational Diabetes with Eli, so that says something right? They are only 2 points under Weight Watchers...can you tell I am feeling guilty about my fritter addiction. Anyway, one day a week I eat what I want. Last week I didn't go over board because I wasn't craving sugar, though I must admit I am craving a brownie right now. Lucky me....tomorrow is eat what I want day and I just made brownies for company. There will be leftovers!


So far I have lost 7 pounds...one whole pound under by pre-pregnancy weight. I have made the treadmill 11 out of 14 days. It helps that I have a little chub-ster eating several hundred calories out of my body daily.


Anyone what to take the challenge?

3 comments:

Mighty M said...

Hi! I have a little Eli too. He is 9 months...so not quite so little anymore. I waited a little longer after my c-section (like 9 months!) to start working out too. In fact, today was day 4 of my starting up again. I'm doing 20 minutes a day so far on the elliptical, but hope to increase it. Trying to eat really good too. A looming trip to Hawaii in March is helping with my motivation. Found your blog via Stacy. Good luck and congrats on your accomplishments so far!

Sandi (aka Mrs. M) said...

Hi Mighty M,

Wow Hawaii, sounds really warm :o)
Good for you about on working out...it always makes me feel so much better.

Thanks for coming for a visit..nice to meet you!

Ps I really enjoy Stacy's blog too

Anonymous said...

Hi Sandi,
I'm trying too! Cutting the sugar down and trying not to snack on almonds, etc. all day long but just sticking to three square meals. I'd like (theoretically) to exercise more often (if I did three times a week I'd be impressed). I let myself completely break down at church & family events if I'm fairy on track at home.
Best of luck!
Hes