Saturday, December 06, 2008

We're Home

Eli was discharged from the hospital late Thursday night. He took a turn for the better on Wednesday evening and just kept getting better. I so appreciate your prayers. Many babies have a much longer battle with RSV. Eli isn't completely well but out of danger with his breathing.
If I may continue to ask, please pray about the long term effects. We have been told that it would be detrimental for Eli to get another cold too close to having RSV. There can be respiratory issues for years. This is the season for sneezing and all matter of cold bugs. As a mother I am tempted to fret over trying to protect my little man. Honestly, it feels overwhelming to think a cold could put us back in the hospital and I can't even see my enemy to avoid it. Once again I must cling to His provision and sovereignty in regards to tomorrow and years down the rode. Eli is safe because God loves him more then I do.

Thanks again for praying for us and our precious boy!

2 comments:

Melanie said...

This is great news! I will certainly continue to pray...I too always have to remind myself that the Lord loves my children more than I do.
Practically, you are all eligible to get the flu shot for free. (I'm sure they told you that though.) Last year was the first year we got it (with the exception of Luke and Aimee) and it did make a difference. Take care of yourself my friend, and your little man, you're all in good hands.

Cara said...

So glad you're home, and that you know the One who can be trusted... we'll keep praying!