Sunday, September 14, 2008

My Beloved Sewing Machine

Have you ever had a fight with a household appliance? Well.....today I scrapped with my sewing machine and it won. I am an amateur at sewing, as well as, diagnosing any problem my poor machine might have. It's old but made of metal not plastic...I think that's a good thing. Anyway, I hope you had a restful Sunday. That was my intention :o) I turned on classical music, both kids were happily playing in their rooms and sewing squares together for my daughters doll quilt sounded so peaceful and relaxing. My moment came to a screeching halt when the thread went wonky and kept bunching up in the bobbin. It crossed my mind to blow it up but then I remembered my husband is unemployed and I wouldn't be able to replace it right now. Leave it to an old Kenmore to reveal the sin in my heart.

I have a dear friend from church coming to look at it tomorrow...hopefully we will resurrect the Kenmore!

1 comment:

Rebeca said...

I have an old Kenmore too.... and I love it. I hope it never dies. I'm put many a mile on my dear old machine. I hope you can work out the kinks, because in my (humble or not) opinion.... they just don't make 'em like they used to!
Rebeca