Thursday, July 10, 2008

Relishing

The other night while cooking dinner the word relish came to me. I was pondering how grateful I was in my life at that moment. Watching my kids through the kitchen window playing in the pool, cooking a new recipe I knew my husband would really like...feeling this little boy move in my belly.


To relish: pleasure; enjoyment; zest; to enjoy

This word explains it all. The moving is over and we are settled. We are doing things in school we really enjoy like Exploring Creation Botany. Learning together and being fascinated by God's creation and handy work all around us. There is time to simply be together, to explore and relax with each other. Sharing our gratefulness and wonder of being blessed with a strong healthy baby who proves this with each kick we feel and see at times. A season of rest and pleasure in simple everyday things that make us a family.

Making Whole Wheat Strawberry Muffins together.
Creating wind kites out of string and plastic bags. The fun they had was much more enjoyable because it was so simple.

Making super hero capes for stuffies together.

Exploring plants.

Dissecting a rose form our back yard.

1 comment:

Heather said...

Awww... I tear up every time I read a post about your little one. {hugs} {hugs} {hugs}

Also, so happy to hear that you're settled in the new house.

Those muffins look scrumptious!!!

~Heather