Wednesday, July 02, 2008

Our Weekend Happenings

What a fun weekend. My husband was off from Saturday to Tuesday due to Canada Day. Since I have lived here I have asked what Canada Day is about assuming it is similar to Independence Day in the states. Tim Challies has finally explain it to me.....so if your interested in what Canada Day is all about go take a look. We had tons of family fun. Here's a peek into our weekend.

This is the result of our Saturday excursion. Strawberry picking as a family. I think we came home with over 10 lbs. We are eating them like mad. They are yummy!

I also freeze most of them to use in muffins, waffles, for smoothies and whatever yummy strawberry thing I can think of.....I have recently started making strawberry syrup for our homemade waffles. :o) We will do the same for blueberries later in the season and pick more strawberries for the freezer. I love having berries all year round.


This was the hottest day of the weekend. We were in our backyard pool after taking in a kid movie and going to a gorgeous shady park for the afternoon. We have no A/C and it was hot Sunday. Me and my big belly loved the air conditioning of the movie theatre. What a thoughtful husband I have....I know that's why we really went to the movies.


There is always a big fair on Canada Day. This year we actually took in the rides and the kids loved it!

The look on his face is priceless! He wasn't so sure about this slide.

Hi Bug!

You could spin this as slow or fast as you liked. Can you see the need for speed on his face?
I love these times when the norm changes and we can abandon routine and have fun. Now my house needs some serious attention and I so much more appreciate the day to day.

4 comments:

Stacy said...

S,

I gotta see that big belly.

~Stacy

Melanie said...

Mmmm those strawberries look so good! Our raspberries are just about ready - I can't wait.

Rebeca said...

I haven't been around in a while, but am glad to catch up with you. Happy Canada Day! Still praying for you! Many blessings to you and yours, Rebeca

Stephanie @ Keeper of the Home said...

Those are great pictures of the kids! What a fun weekend, and yummy looking strawberries!

I noticed your belly in church today- it really is getting big- I love it! :)