Thursday, July 17, 2008

Introducing........ the Belly :o)

There was a request for baby belly shots. So here we go. Looking at them myself I didn't realize how much I have grown in the last few weeks.

26 weeks

This is one little boy talking to another.
Well....it really isn't words more like grunts and animal sounds.
Ever since I told my son the baby can hear him they have conversations everyday.

I love this picture...though I wish I was smiling.

Today I was sitting on the couch and the baby started kicking. I placed my son's hand on my tummy so he could feel. "Is that the baby moving" he asked. He leaned down and made one of his normal grunting noises to the baby and the baby immediately kicked his hand. My 4 year old was so excited. "Mama, he heard me and talked back".
He then stood up and stared at my belly. In a thoughtful way he waved his hand in a circle over my belly and said "Mama, is this whole great big area (my belly) where the baby lives"? You probably had to be there but the curious observant tone of his voice with the slight tilt of the head just made me burst into laughter.
I will leave the conversation we had recently about how the baby gets out, for another post :o)

8 comments:

Rebeca said...

Yeah! Thanks for sharing your beautiful pics, and the sweet conversations to go along with them. Rejoicing with you still! Rebeca

Melanie said...

Wow! It seems so real to me now that I can see a picture of you and your belly!
It is so precious how the kids respond to life in the womb - such a tangible Pro-Life lesson!

Stacy said...

Mrs M,
WOO HOO! Aren't you a beautiful pregnant mama?! And I love seeing your sweet boy smooching your belly. What a great start this little one has~ already so very loved!

Blessings to you, sweet S!

~Stacy

Heather said...

WOW! Thank you for sharing. You are so adorable!!!

~Heather

Cara said...

Oh, how happy to see pictures of your wonderfully pregnant self! 26 weeks--yea! What's your due date again?

Jorge & Karen Silva said...

So cute!! :)

Tami said...

S-
I am praising God for the miracle of this little man. You look beautiful! Have a blessed week. In God's Love, Tami

Elise said...

Oh, goodness... I'm still trying to figure out how to explain the baby-coming-out thing! Even to my nine-year-old, and I really think he can handle it.
You're a pretty pregnant mama! I really need to post a pic of my own belly, soon. We're due around the same time, right? I'm October 31st!