Sunday, July 20, 2008

Homeschooling is Not the Gospel.

In my reading today I came across this blog post through Amy's Humble Musings. It is about the Homeschooling culture and one families personal experience at their first homeschool convention. He makes some great points about how homeschooling is not the gospel in our lives. It is well worth the read. I also followed a comment to Spunky Homeschool and read her thoughts. Both of these are opportunities to remind ourselves that the center of all we do is the gospel alone. I was freshly encouraged. I especially enjoyed this quote.


Homeschooling is not the salvation of our culture. Jesus is. Homeschooling will not make a family successful. Jesus does. Homeschooling will not keep a child from rebellion. Jesus does. Homeschooling will not keep a marriage strong. Jesus does. And the minute, I think that homeschooling will do any of these things, is the day I begin the slide toward defeat. Homeschooling will not build a successful family any more than a hammer will build a successful house.

1 comment:

Melanie said...

It can be such a subtle shift in thought can't it? But our biggest problem lies within our own hearts, not the outside world.
Oh how grateful I am for Jesus.