Thursday, June 19, 2008

Mercy again!

Thank you ladies for your kind words of encouragement!
Perspective is a wonderful thing. After sharing my struggles with my husband he sent me out with my bible and some time. Very refreshing to be alone with my favorite book and space to repent and think. I asked my husband what was most important to him that I accomplish. This is good for me to ask because I can often expect too much of myself. I don't like to ask for help because I WANT to do it myself. This is a deep seated sin in me that God is faithfully massaging out of me. His patience is amazing.
My main things:
  • My time with the word and prayer (crucial)
  • Exercise (makes me feel and think so much better)
  • Finishing school
  • Eating well

Such relief! I still have my project lists. Those desired accomplishments and goals are listed in my little planner but on those days when life gets crazy, for what ever reason, I go to my main things. It is amazing how a little planning and fore thought make such a difference.

The Lord opened my eyes to see that my misery comes from an excessive focus on my own lack instead of the rightful focus on his abundance. At it's core, this is not trusting in his perfect accomplishment on the cross. To reject my being weak is a rejection of the gospel. I see his strength clearly when I embrace and rejoice in my own lack and inability. So I have been giving thanks that I can't and it has fed my soul.

My grace is sufficient for you, for my power is made perfect in weakness. Therefore I will boast all the more gladly of my weaknesses so that the power of Christ may rest upon me. For the sake of Christ then, I am content with weaknesses, insults, hardships, persecutions and calamities. For when I am weak then I am strong.

2 Corinthians 8-10

3 comments:

Tami said...

AMEN!!!!!
A wonderful reminder, thank you so much. Have a blessed weekend. In God's Love, Tami

Jorge & Karen Silva said...

Thank you so much for sharing these last two posts!! I´m not a mom but I can sssooooo relate to what you had to say!!!!!! :)

Loraena said...

"To reject my being weak is a rejection of the gospel. I see his strength clearly when I embrace and rejoice in my own lack and inability."

This is so TRUE!!! I have been struggling with these issues lately, too. Thanks for the great post.