Tuesday, March 04, 2008

Vanished

Yes, I disappeared. It has been a bit crazy around here for many reasons. I often think I need to post something of logical value or it's not worth it. Must be my pride! This post will be nothing but the nitty gritty of real life. The good the bad and the ugly. No composed topic of interest, just my world. I always said I didn't want my blog to be a journal but you know what.....if I write about what God is doing in my life then well, it's a journal. God gives me opportunity everyday to apply the gospel to my life and circumstances. Over the last week I have done that well and not so well. Here's the scoop.

Yesterday was my 38th birthday! I had a wonderful time with my family. They are the best! I inch ever closer to 40. (is that good news or bad?)


Our house......still the same as here. Nothing has happened in over three weeks. They said they would fix it, then when the price tag came in, they said they wouldn't. An inspector told them the house wasn't safe long term if they don't address the problem. They keep telling us they want us to stay but also say they don't have any money. If you own two houses where we live...you have money :o) So we wait. It keeps dragging on but it looks as if we will be moving. The good part is it will be own our terms. We can stay here minus a ceiling until we find what we are looking for. Though we don't want to go that road we definitely have rights as tenants. We want a peaceable solution but not a slow one. We would love to stay where we are but that's not under our control.

Our car broke down. It was drivable but barely. Two flats in a week and an estimate to cry about. Once again God has provided and we have a friend (Go Kaz!) who will do the work free we only pay the parts. What a relief and provision!

Our four year old goes for dental work/ surgery this Friday. His first time under anesthesia....after loosing one child I must admit I am tempted to anxiety about this. I am trying in those moments to trust.....please pray for my heart. It may seem crazy but after watching one child die and feeling utterly helpless as his mother........I so struggle. Not that I could save any of my children but it's just how we moms are made. Also the cost is a little painful too! I don't need to get into why a four year old needs this...I didn't believe it at first either. :o(

Ladies only
We are pregnant again for the sixth time! I know we said we were done.......God changed my husbands heart and it happened the first time.....that in itself is a shocker. We were going to sit on it till around 12 weeks but.....I have started spotting progressing to bleeding but no cramps. I am doing blood tests to find out if my hormones are still raising...I should know later today. Please pray for us. I am doing okay now but a few days ago well......I was very discouraged and overwhelmed. I still have the overwhelmed moments.
Please pray for the baby of coarse but also pray that I would by God's grace be able to give him glory no matter when the house gets fixed or we move, during dental surgery, and not matter if the baby lives or dies. I want to apply the gospel to each part of my life.....the truth that my greatest need has been met already. There are days I do this well and others that I don't.

Thanks for praying and for reading my ramble. I need to learn better not to disappear when things get tough. Writing it out helps somehow for some reason.

PS We were blessed this week with a financial gift that created such relief for us. God is so the provider of ALL things. ;o)

5 comments:

Heather_in_WI said...

{{{Sandi}}}

You are in my thoughts and prayers!!

pragmaticcompendium said...

So much stuff to deal with at one time! I've added you to my prayer list.

Tracy said...

I am glad you ended with that. He has shown us over and over during times when we feel overwhelmed that He is our provider.

Praying for you tonight!

Anonymous said...

I love you.

mama lee

Tami said...

A lot for you to handle right now. Praying for you and your sweet family. Give all your burdens to Him. In God's Love, Tami