Friday, March 28, 2008

Update....finally

Thank you to everyone who has been praying and checking in..I so appreciate it.

Where to begin?

We are moving April 26th (if we get a truck). God worked out circumstances on our behalf....again. He is so faithful and will be again and again. Our current situation wasn't going well. The landlords still hadn't fixed our house some 5 weeks into the ceiling falling down. We weren't looking for a new place but started to think it might be wise to do so. We had a friend call and tell us of a house for rent...it was cheaper, more square feet and it was in the same basic area as our current house. These are all things we desired. We took a look and liked it....and really liked the landlord. We have started to interview the landlords in light of our bad rental situations. I wanted to know why they were renting and if they live off the rent we pay them. I know it sounds forward but I think I have a right to know if they can afford to fix things that go wrong.
That same day-ish our current landlords told us they were bringing workers in that Monday....it was Friday prior. We asked where we were going to live while they fixed it. They wanted us to stay here.....ummmm NOT! They were ripping our house apart...we have two small kids...I am pregnant. No thought for that what so ever seemed to be on their minds. So that Saturday, they said they would give us the rest of our rent back and we would by Monday, need to find our own place to stay for a week. Not realistic at all. And the reduced rent was compensation for living in half a house not to pay for us to stay somewhere else while they fixed their house. That decision on their part convinced my husband we were outta here. So we move for the 3rd time in 18 months. So grateful not to have had to look for a new place.....God has been very kind to us!

On the baby front....I am 10 weeks (11 weeks on Monday). Things have been going well. I am on semi-bed rest because of the spotting that at this point seems to have gone away. I have been very sick. It reached a point over Easter weekend where the vomiting wouldn't stop. My midwife said the dehydration was worse for the baby then taking anti-nausea drugs....that she assures me are perfectly safe. Definitely not my desired road but can't I tell you how happy I am not to be vomiting anymore. The meds make me more tired but I'll take that any day over throwing up all day. So due to meds I am feeling a bit more human. Not being on the edge of throwing up or actually doing it makes one feel much better. I guess I didn't realize how awful I felt till I didn't feel that way anymore. This is my 6th pregnancy and I have never been this sick. Women who deal with this kind of sickness every pregnancy are my hero.....my hats off to you. All this hopefully means this little peanut is as a healthy one. I have another ultrasound April 8th to check if the spot where the bleeding was coming from has healed.

I am hoping to be around more now that I am feeling better.
Thanks again for all your prayers and concerns.

9 comments:

Tami said...

Sandi,
Praying for you. Have a blessed weekend. Love Tami

Heather said...

So happy to hear that you're so sick! Beyond happy .... I am absolutely thrilled for you! {grin}

The new house sounds great!

Leslie said...

Wow! Good news and good news.

Cara said...

YEA!!! We've been praying, and I'm so happy to hear good news on all fronts... even if some of it comes rather inconveniently dressed! Love to your family, and more prayers.

Stacy said...

Smiling about the "...I am pregnant" part thrown into that first paragraph.
I am SOOOOO thrilled! :)
And happy you got to take meds to get you to stop throwing up! :)

~Stacy

Alicia said...

Some of those nausea meds are like magic pills - I tried not to take them, but if your insurance covers Zofran and your doctor thinks it's good for you, it's the best. It can take you death's doorstep to functional in 10 minutes flat. I didn't start taking it until 12 weeks, though, and only on the worst days. I used the unsiom/B6 combo along with a prescription relief band with good success during one pregnancy, but it didn't work for the next. Hope the morning sickness subsides soon - and so glad that you and baby are okay. :^)

Melanie said...

I'm so glad the pregnancy is going well and making its presence known! Also, so very glad you are taking the meds...what a gift for those who suffer with illness!

Rebeca said...

Praising God with you that things are going well, and glad the meds have lifted the nausea. I pray for a good report from the next ultrasound and that you will have grace and strength for the move and all it entails. You're in my prayers!
Rebeca

Tracy said...

Sick is good, right? YEAH! And I am so thankful you don't have to live in that mess anymore!