Tuesday, March 11, 2008

Good News

First, thank you to everyone who is praying and for your thoughtful comments. It still amazes me to have people I have never met praying and caring for my family and I.
The ultrasound went well. At first they couldn't find a heartbeat. The person doing the scan was very kind and said these little people like to play hide and seek at 8 weeks. Honestly, I wasn't so sure. I tend to be one of those people who prepares for the worst so I am either pleasantly surprised or ready for the hard news. This wasn't my first time down this road. Finally, they were able to record the heartbeat. I heard it three times with my own ears. Then I asked for the vaginal ultrasound to really be sure and that one showed everything plain as day. Now, why wouldn't you just do that the first time....instead of making me lay there for 15-20 minutes while they fished for a needle(baby) in a hay stack(vast dark womb).
So little peanut is the right size and the heart is beating away.....saw it with my own eyes.
One thing is of concern.....they found where the spotting was coming from. It is between the sac and the uterine wall. They say this kind of thing can correct itself in time but there are no guarantees. Please continue to pray. The spotting has backed off significantly in the last few days so that is good.
We are grateful to have this little life today and are trusting God for tomorrow.

Thanks again for praying

14 comments:

Rebeca said...

Praise be to God! I've been checking in for news today, and I'm so glad to hear this news in particular. I too know what it's like to lie there, holding your breath, looking for that heartbeat. Is it a subchorreonic hemorrhage that's causing the bleeding? I will continue to be praying for you and for this precious little life that God has entrusted to you. May He give you His peace and strength and joy as you take each day. I know the battle between joy and fear can be intense! (I'm now almost 38 weeks pregnant after two miscarriages, and still struggle with it!)
Grace and peace to you,
Rebeca

Nicole said...

Wonderful news.

Heather_in_WI said...

What a relief to hear it yourself! {{{Mrs. M}}} You're in my thoughts and prayers.

Tami said...

Wonderful news. Praying for today and each day. Love, Tami

Mary said...

Thank God for the good news. Keeping you and "little peanut" in my prayers.

Stacy said...

mvOh, Sandi. My eyes welled up with tears at this news. WONDERFUL that you got to hear that tiny little heartbeat. :) I am so so SO happy. And I will pray specifically about the spotting...

Much love, and MUCH praise to our God!

~Stacy

Alanne Schellenberg said...

Sandi it was great to hear from you and catch up on your news. Congrats first of all, I am thrilled for you. I love your "one day at a time" mentality. God has brought you a long way. I love you. I miss our talks. I would love to have a visit. One day soon hopefully. Thinking of you. Alanne.

Melanie said...

Such good news! I'm so happy for you.

Leslie said...

Wow--that is great news!!

Jorge & Karen Silva said...

Great news, Sandi! I will be praying for you and baby! I haven´t written in a while but I do read your blog quite often and keep you in my thoughts!!

Tracy said...

I was so glad to read this! I am glad you got to hear the tiny heartbeat...so super cool.

Julie Stiles Mills said...

Great News! I'll keep praying! My baby sister is pregnant for the first time, so when I pray for her - I'll pray for you!

Rebeca said...

Just wanted to check in and let you know that you and your baby continue to be in my prayers!
Rebeca

Elise said...

Just popping in to let you know the prayers still come... hope all is well. (((hugs)))