Friday, February 01, 2008

Thrift Store Find

Ridgway of Staffordshore England 1792
Country Days
I found this plate at a thrift store over two years ago. A set of three of them, unfortunately one was broken last year. I love these plates. I like it because it tells me a story. The flowery pinkish china has never appealed to me. I much prefer a darker brown, gray or black. These are nice reddish brown...not sure the picture does it justice.
I found this little bowl last week. It is of a little village in the same color and theme.
It was free because it has a chip....can't beat that!
I think I have found my new hobby:o)
I found this cup and plate set last week too. I cannot tell you how much I like this one.
The color is perfect and the detail on the saucer is just my style.
It has a Shakespeare quote on the back of the plate. And the beveled circle on the plate makes it all the more enjoyable.

" As it Fell Upon A Day In the Merry Month of May"

7 comments:

Melanie said...

I love that stuff too - yours are lovely. Unfotunately I don't have any, I just don't have the time to myself at this stage of life to peruse the flea markets and trift stores.

Carrie said...

I love your finds! Just beautiful!
I love finding things needed or *wanted* from the thrift store. It is so much fun paying for less than in a new store. That way I saved money for the family...
Have a wonderful day,
Carrie.

Leslie said...

Those are lovely!

Tami said...

Wow, just beautiful! I love treasure hunting! Have a wonderful weekend. Blessings, Tami

Under the Sky said...

I know so little about these kinds of things, but it certainly does not prevent me from enjoying the beauty of them! Now you will understand why I ask the next question, are they really from 1792??

See, I am truly a dunce. :+)
Warmly,
Kate

Mrs. "M" said...

Hi Kate,

No, they aren't from 1792. I actually don't know what that date is for...anyone? I just like that there is an "old date" on the back of the plate. I really enjoy old things...the history fasinates me.I might just try to find out the answer to your question though:o)

Elise said...

Oh, goodness- I have seen so many people post about their thrift finds, and I just can't wait to have a little more space to add to our everyday dishes! These are all so gorgeous- so simple and homey. Love it.