Friday, January 18, 2008

Random Write

I've had one of those weeks where I haven't sat down very much. I have had much thought but little time to put it together. This is a very personal post. I tend not to share too much about the details of my life but this is so close to my heart.

I have been thinking much about Roe vs. Wade coming up on January 22nd. It seems I am not the only one. I have read some great stuff in blog land like at 168 Hours , Whatsoever is Pure , Stepping Heavenward and lastly Mommy Life.

I have been thinking much about the unborn and those born, that live in very difficult situations. This past week we met with a family who have two little boys being raised by grandma who is very old and ill. Before Christmas we were asked if we would consider adopting these little guys. We said yes we would, went to prayer and waited to meet a relative. We met this week and turns out the bio parents have moved back and are wanting to be involved. The parents have no rights (drug addiction) to the children and are not allowed with them unless supervised. What this meant for us is the family backed out of wanting to have the boys adopted. Unfortunately, no one is considering the boys best interest and they will still be in a very unstable situation when/if the parents take off again as they have done in the past. My heart breaks for them. If the grandmother dies they will be put in foster care and that could happen at any time. Could some one think of them? Please pray for these boys. I know God is sovereign. If there is one area of that truth I struggle with, it would be in watching other peoples choices. I know that sounds self righteous and at some level probably is, but I want this family to choose good for these boys not instability and the loss of mommy and daddy again.

I also found out this week that my efforts to control my PCOS have paid off. I was diagnosed over 18 months ago. We had been trying to have a baby for over a year and it was discovered I had PCOS. I started working on it with exercise, diet and meds. We went for fertility treatments due to anovulation and they failed. As most know, we did conceive on our own but then lost the baby in September 2007. Anyway, the doc says because I have lost 30 pounds and changed eating habits my numbers are back to normal. YAY!! I didn't really think I could get things back to normal but it happened. Gaining even one pound could throw things off but I am excited to have some reward for the hard work. He said if I loose 30 ish more pounds I can go off meds. I would love that. The other tidbit of info he shared is that I shouldn't be infertile anymore.

So there you have it, my crazy week. We so long to grow our family in whatever way he wills. God is good! I am excited to see what he has for us. I am a bit sad for these two little boys but have to trust God has them in the palm of his hand and has good planned for them too. His timing is perfect.

4 comments:

Tami said...

I am so touched that you shared. I can hardly stand to hear of situations like this. We adopted our daughter at birth. Her situation would have been much the same had our birthmother not chosen adoption. Don't you just want all of them...the helpless and innocent ones that are affected by parents that only think of themselves. I am so happy that your health is improving. That is so wonderful. Praise God. He has something so wonderful in store for you. Bless you, Tami

Nicole said...

I'm really encouraged by your example in being willing to adopt those children. I will pray for them.

And it is great news from the doctor. Praise God.

Heather_in_WI said...

Oh, those poor boys. {hugs}

So happy about your health!!! That is wonderful news! :-)

Melanie said...

Good and bad news all rolled into one...hard to know how to respond exept to say that God knows.
I'm researching the history of abortion here in Canada - it got me curious with the anniversary of Roe vs. Wade coming up.