Tuesday, January 01, 2008

A Grateful New Year!

When I think of the last year, that word that comes to mind is gratefulness. God has been so faithful to us in all He has allowed in our lives this year.

I am thankful for:
  • mercy that never ends even when I really mess up
  • a church family that cares for us in so many ways
  • two healthy happy kids sleeping warm in their beds
  • my husband's new job started in May 2007 - what a blessing for him to be working in his field and actually liking his work
  • for the comfort of God to carry use through the loss of our third baby AND
  • the peace He provided in being done with having babies from my own womb (this was a biggie)
  • our current house that is a practical blessing in so many ways
  • dear friends that will tell me the truth (this is like finding a big hidden treasure worth millions)
  • gospel centered preaching and teaching

The list goes on. God has been good this past year. He will be good again. Though I don't know what God has for us in 2008, I do know it will be for our good and for His glory. My pray is that in all that comes my way I have the faith to walk that out daily. Though I am not big on resolutions, I do resolve to follow Him with all I am!

Happy New Year!

2 comments:

Carrie said...

Yes, we can look back as well and see His faithfulness. Praise the Lord. Have a wonderful day!

Elise said...

What a wonderful prayer- instead of "give me" or "help me to", you are praying for the faith to walk through what path He leads you down. Beautiful, friend! (((hugs)))