Sunday, December 09, 2007

Please Pray

I just found out that someone opened fire on the Youth With a Mission Base (YWAM) in Denver. This is the base where I served for three years. My husband and I meet and got marriage on that very property, the base director married us. It is a place dear to our hearts. Two staff members were killed and two more wounded. Please pray for their families and for the two wounded to recover.
You can read local coverage here if you so desire.

Thanks for your prayers on their behalf.

4 comments:

Melanie said...

Oh my! How frightening...praise God we can restin the knowledge they are all in His hands.

Tracy said...

I read about that and will be praying!

Leslie said...

I've heard a little about this. I'm sorry Mrs. M.

Amy said...

You guys in touch with Beth and Donevon? They've sent out some personal updates about the recovery process. The media has definitely put YWAM on the map... it was strange seeing Peter's face on the news, he seems much older. I almost fell out of my chair when I read that Rachel is 21. Feeling old? In light of what's happened, we can be thankful for our many years of life. A shame for them to die so young. I hope people are coming to the knowledge of Christ through their deaths.

How are you guys doing? Revisiting your Arvada memories? Me too.