Friday, December 14, 2007

Grocery Store Musings

My new passion (maybe to strong of a word) is grocery shopping at six-ish in the morning. This morning I rolled out of bed a little before six, threw on some clothes and took off. Everyone in my house still sound asleep. The stores have all gone 24 hours due to Christmas. I wondered the aisles rarely seeing another person.....it was bliss. Trying to navigate the pasta aisle mid-day or evening is reminiscent of a nightmare for me. I have a friend (you know who you are) who grocery shops early Saturday morning......I've always thought she was crazy. I get it know.
To top that off, I got a great deal on some things. Makes for one happy homemaker. Quiet peaceful large birth aisles and more money in my pocket. I feel all warm and fuzzy :o)
I will miss when the stores go back to normal hours. I've always wanted to go shopping at 2am but never actually done it. Maybe this will be the year.

2 comments:

Stephanie said...

You know, that actually sounds worth getting up before 6 for. I can appreciate the warm and fuzzy feelings! I just might have to try it myself. :)

Stephanie
http://www.keeperofthehome.org

Hes said...

You go girl!

One nice thing about 8 on Saturdays is the regulars... a small community within a crazy city!

H
random lurker :-)