Thursday, December 13, 2007

Christmas Meme

Melanie tagged me for this Meme. Consider yourself tagged if you are reading this and haven't been tagged by someone else :o). Let me know in the comments so I can take a look.

1. Wrapping paper or gift bags? Both.....I think I like the well wrapped gift the most

2. Real tree or artificial? Real....we like to bundle up and go to a U-cut farm.

3. When do you put up your tree? The first weekend in December.

4. When do you take the tree down? Right after Christmas if we are home....if not by New Year.

5. Do you like eggnog? Yes....I really like eggnog! I'd like some right now.

6. Favourite gift received as a child? I can't really recall one.

7. Do you have a Nativity scene? Yes

8. Hardest person to buy for? Me...I never know what I want :o)

9. Easiest person to buy for? The kids

10. Worst Christmas gift you ever received? A really ugly sweater one year.

11. Mail or email Christmas cards? Mail...I like the in your hand kind of greeting.

12. Favorite Christmas movie? Probably White Christmas....the sisters number is my favorite.

13. When do you start shopping for Christmas? The end of November usually.

14. Have you ever recycled a Christmas present? Don't think so.

15. Favorite things to eat at Christmas? Turkey, gravy, stuffing, cranberries, sweet potatoes plus apple pie.

16. Clear lights or colored on the tree? Clear...the red colored lights always look pink to me and I am not into pink on my Christmas tree LOL!

17. Favorite Christmas song? White Christmas, Away in a Manger and I like Harry Connick JR. Christmas music.

18. Travel at Christmas or stay home? Prefer to stay home but the only family member that lives far away.....we usually travel at some point. This year we are staying home Christmas Day. I am excited.

19. Can you name all of Santa's reindeer? No :o)

20. Angel on the tree top or a star? Star.

21. Open the presents Christmas Eve or morning? Christmas morning but we do open one gift before bed.....it's always new PJ's for the kids, a little family tradition.

22. Most annoying thing about this time of year? Well with out being scrooge....that Santa is the focus. I feel bad for the real Saint Nicholas who had a real life that most don't know about because of the flying red chubby guy. I also don't care for how grumpy people get in the Christmas rush. Close to Christmas I shop at 5-6 am or 10-12 midnight. Love those 24 hour stores.

23. What is the "corniest" family tradition you do, or miss doing? Can't think of one.

24. Ugliest Christmas Decoration ever invented? Those blow up yard decorations.

25. Which looks the best, theme trees or homey trees? Homey trees for us, there is a story behind every ornament.

26. What does Christmas mean to you? It is ultimately a fresh reminder that God can down and humbled himself to save us from our sins. I also so enjoy the baking and hanging with my family. The warmth of the fire with a good cup-a something hot.

No comments: