Friday, November 30, 2007

Quotation Friday

I love words....I see them as a gift. The fact that God chose to give us all we need for life and godliness through His son and a book, the bible, speaks loudly to me. I keep a little black quote book to record those words I come across that have an effect on me.
My heart is to start sharing from this little treasure book on Fridays. I also hope one day to find a better way to categorize them in a beautiful antique book. I love to write and at some point want to take a calligraphy class, then rewrite them all in this notebook I will create. I think it will actually happen once the gray hair starts to come; for now the little black book will have to do.

This is one of my favorites:

"Truth must enter into the soul, penetrate and saturate it, or else it is of no value. Doctrines held as a matter of creed are like bread in the hand, which ministers no nourishment to the frame; but doctrine accepted by the heart, is as food digested, which by assimilation sustains and builds up the body. In us truth must be a living force, an active energy, an indwelling reality, a apart of the woof and warp of our being."
Spurgeon

Have a great weekend.

1 comment:

Tracy said...

Great quote. The one on the top of my blog is one of my favorites. "The truth you do not live by becomes less and less real to you."