Tuesday, November 27, 2007

I'm Alive!

Boy it's been along time. Never anticipated being AWOL this long, but life happens. I just came away from a 4 day personal retreat that was such a blessing. It was originally planned for two days but due to my husbands job and the location of the grandparents....it lasted two extra days. Though I missed them, it was a productive and relaxing time.
I finally feel like I am unpacked from my last move in May. I have reclaimed my walk-in closet....to be walked in again. I re-looked at our school schedule and family routine to suite my being away two days a week tutoring. I read a bit, watched some movies, exercised as long as I wanted...ummm and let's see.....I planned some Christmas family fun stuff, did some shopping, drank my first Gingerbread Latte from Starbucks (I thought of Stacy over at With Great Joy) and the list goes on. I also spent some time thinking about blogging, books I'd like to read and some spiritual and educational goals. I hope to post some of the details here and there.
Overall is was a wonderful long weekend. I am grateful to have a husband who thinks this is a good idea!

I hoped to get back on the blogging band wagon BUT we woke this morning to a crashed computer. No fear ...my dear computer husband is here! He can fix just about anything....that's why we probably have the oldest "looking" computer on the block. The guts of the computer are not old... he just keeps upgrading and fixing this ancient thing. All this to say, there may be a few hick-ups this week as we re-format and grab everything from the old hard drive.

P.S. Hope everyone had a great American Thanksgiving! Now I can start decorating for Christmas. Though I live in Canada I cannot decorate for Christmas till after American Thanksgiving...once an American always one!

5 comments:

Stacy said...

Welcome back!

I'm so glad you were able to get some down time-- it sounds delightful! Plus a yummy latte! MMM!!! :)

Can't wait to hear about all the things you were thinking during that four day break!

~Stacy

Leslie said...

I could use one of those! The GirlTalk girls talk about the importance of taking personal retreats, but I've never done one. Sounds like you made good use of your time alone. Can't wait to hear more about it!

Heather_in_WI said...

That sounds like a wonderful retreat!!! I'm so jealous! :-)

~Heather

Tami said...

I think that your retreat is such a wonderful idea. I should run it by my hubby.
Have a wondeful weekend.
In God's Love, Tami

Tracy said...

Sounds like you have been getting a lot done! Wish I could say the same!