Friday, October 12, 2007

First Annual Thanksgiving Arm Wrestling Tournament

Has it been over a week since my last post? Between being out of town, a child with the flu and my latest excursion in canning apple butter.....I have neglected the blog world. This year we started two new traditions at Thanksgiving. The first being the kids Thanksgiving Book.....they make a page of what they are thankful for that year (pics on that later). Another tradition popped up spontaneously, a bunch of thirty somethings sitting around relaxing and you never know what may happen. My brother-in-law is the reigning male arm wrestling champ. And yours truly...... is the reigning family female arm wrestling champion. I wear my title with pride and dignity!





5 comments:

Tracy said...

I like the Thanksgiving Book idea...and apple butter...YUM! Do you have a good recipe to make that?

Melanie said...

Wish I could have been there! Doubt I could have beat you though...

Mrs. "M" said...

hi Tracy,

I grew up Eating Apple Butter but couldn't seem to get a recipe from family members....so I googled it. Here's the recipe I used.
http://joyfulblessings.blogspot.com/2007/09/apple-butter.html

It calls for 4 cups of sugar...to mich for me so I used 1 1/2 for the 3 quarts. It is tart and less thick but you taste the apple and spices way more...it actually has some kick :o) Nothing like Apple Butter with a kick!

Tracy said...

Thanks! I would love to try it and I am getting more apples next week!

Tami said...

Mrs. M, thank you so much for "visiting" me today, and for the sweet comment. This is the first time I have commented on your blog, but I have visited via Stacy before. I really like the Thanksgiving book idea. I have a few weeks here in the States to whip something up. In God's Love, Tami