Wednesday, August 29, 2007

Hardest Time of Day

We officially start school next week. We have been getting back into our morning routine and practicing piano the last two weeks. I have added in some Language Arts and a project this week to ease into school. My kids are doing great!
Me on the other hand am lacking in motivation. There is this one particular time of day that I loss focus and motivation. Do you have one of those? Mine is right after quiet time around 3:00 to about 4:30pm. I just don't want to do anything (notice I am blogging during that time). It is free time for the kids and a time for me to do any cleaning I didn't do or odds and ends. I find myself doing nothing and not wanting to do anything. I need to put some specific tasks in place for that time and I know that will help me. I do lay down and rest during QT...I can hardly stay awake because I am so tired (thank you Lord for this littlebaby !).
Anyway I was just wondering if anyone else has a slump time in their day and how you might have practically made some changes.

4 comments:

Melanie said...

My slump time is 3 to 5 pm. I purposefully allow this time to be for reading and napping and general QT!
This is a neccessity when preganant and for one's own sanity - especially as homeschoolers - the days can be so full.

Tracy said...

My slump is around 2-3 when I sit down to teach the boys history...and I love history! It is just the sitting in my warm, cozy, beautiful, comfy livingroom that does me in. If I keep moving I am fine...I have literally fallen asleep WHILE reading to the boys! They think it is pretty funny.

Leslie said...

My slump happens about the same time of day, and I'm sorry to say that I haven't figured out anything really practical to combat it. Let me know when you do!

Mrs. "M" said...

I am going to do some thinking about this and revisit it. I might make it my blogging time because it's a sit on my duff activity anyway...and thats what I feel like doing! Plus it will help me not be tempted to check in on the computer all day long. I don't really have a specific blog time right now. Let ya know how it goes.