Wednesday, July 04, 2007

Celebration 2007

We've just returned this week from Celebration 2007. It was a family conference of four different churches within Sovereign Grace Ministries. We have worship, teaching, meals, games and fellowship together for the weekend. If there was anything I received from this weekend it was a fresh glimpse at my need for God. I was challenged to be more dependant and rely on God as my strength and comfort and not myself or other "things". One of my greatest temptations is self reliance and proceeding in my own knowledge and ability.

Every breath is a sign of his grace. Anything good is His spirit at work. I was so challenged to be more amazed by grace and not what I (think I) have accomplished or changed. It's all about Him!

I am working on Chapter 2 of the Sovereignty Chronicles. My husband is out of town for two weeks minus one day...so my time is a bit more limited.

2 comments:

Tracy said...

Yes! I can completely relate to the "self-reliance" thing...BUT am learning that it is "TOTAL dependence"...on HIM!

Staci in WA said...

So glad you had a great time at Celebration. My friends said it was wonderful. Maybe next year my family and I will attend.